The Northwest Territory Métis Nation has received approval from the three Métis local governments (Fort Resolution Métis Government, Fort Smith Métis Council, Hay River Métis Government Council) to issue a $300 payment to each evacuee that meets the following criteria:
- Must have been residing in one of the following evacuated communities: Enterprise, Fort Smith, Hay River, and Yellowknife.
- Must be an indigenous member of the NWTMN.
- If you are not currently a member of the NWTMN, your application status must be pre-approved to be eligible for this payment.
- A digital void cheque must be submitted to email@example.com
- If you received a direct deposit in the last two years, your banking info will be on file.
- Payments will be made by direct deposit only, cheques will not be mailed.
- To learn how to obtain a void cheque, visit nwtmetisnation.ca/wildfire
For all members under the age of 19, payments will be distributed to the primary caregiver.
Please respect our staff, they have also been evacuated from their homes and are working remotely with very limited resources. We expect that these payments will take a minimum of five working days to be dispersed. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org