The Senior Fuel Subsidy is a program that helps to offset the high cost of heating fuel for indigenous Metis seniors who do not receive Government subsidies for a home they own or rent and live in.
A fuel subsidy may be given to those who already receive subsidies upon review on a case-by-case basis.
A one-time subsidy of up to $1,000.00 will be given to eligible seniors towards heating.
*This subsidy includes wood, heating oil, propane used for heating, electric heat and or wood pellets *
Electric heat would require a hardwired heating source, plug in type heaters would not be considered a heat source for this program.
Note * A receipt with your name spouse or partner must be provided for any of the heating methods named above. *
To be eligible for this subsidy, applicants must:
- Permanently reside in NWT
- Be an indigenous Metis member belonging to the Fort Smith, Hay River or Fort Resolution Metis Government
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Own, live in, rent and pay for heating in the home for which the subsidy is being requested.
The following documents will be required to complete the assessment:
- Completed application form.
- Photo identification with birth date.
- Required payment receipts for heating.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com